Tom Martin • Profile
Two Decades of Success in Corporate Sales
- 24 Years in high tech sales/sales management
- Licensed millions of dollars in software & IT consulting services
- Sold to top executives at largest companies in USA: IBM, Intel, American Express, Pfizer, AT&T, Chase, McKesson, CIGNA, Citicorp, Aetna, Time Warner, GAP, Wells Fargo, Providian, Fireman’s Fund, etc.
- Managed inside/outside sales force of 20, in five U.S. cities, for Online Software
- Opened and managed first branch sales office for Isogon, in San Francisco
- Four years recently in senior housing/health care sales & marketing, as "turnaround specialist"
- Senior Account Exec, Decker Communications, marketing communication skills training programs to executives in Fortune 500 companies. Largest, highest profile sale: AT&T, where we trained all top executives & CEO.
- Ten years experience in sales, sales management, marketing, consulting and training in Elder Care organizations—assisted living, Alzheimer’s residential care, social and medical day programs, home health service, a large senior center and a university gerontology institute.
- SUNY Brockport, NY: Assistant Professor, Social Work Dept. & Assistant Director Regional Education Center. Dual role as manager and trainer in a grant-funded, post-graduate, continuing education center serving 10 counties in NY.
- Atlantic Cape Community College, NJ, Adjunct Professor, Dept. of English, teaching both Developmental English and more advanced English courses to diversified students.
- Publications in state and federal journals and business magazines. Article most relevant to enterprise software issues: "Getting to the Root of the Security Problem," which appeared in both Software News and MINI. Recently served as freelance writer for Times of Trenton.
- Expertise in Grant Proposal Writing and teaching that skill.
- Served as consultant to Corporate Computer Systems, Online Software International, The Grantsmanship Center, Rutgers University, Elder Life Management, Briteside Adult Day Centers, Country Home for Seniors, Open Arms Health, LLC, ASIS, LLC (Advantage Systems & Internet Solutions), GenPsych, PC, Page Mill Publishing; Warren County, NJ, Division of Aging & Disability Services, etc.
- Headed L&M Training Associates in 1980’s, part-time.
- Launched Tom Martin Consulting & Training in 2008.
Education & Special Training
- MLS and MSW from Rutgers University (Management Tracks in both)
- Post Graduate Certificate in Gerontology, Rutgers GSSW
- BA in English and Philosophy from Monmouth University
- Completed law courses at Rutgers Law School, Newark, as part of other Rutgers graduate programs
- Held CALA license while working in Assisted Living
About TM Consulting